Sunday, July 11, 2010

Attack of the vuvuzelas! Holland vs. Spain, 2nd half`

In case you missed it, here's a recap of the first half.


3:32 pm: Ye gods, we are back in a flash! Soccer seemingly waits for no one.

3:34 pm: So for now, the storm has passed. Which means that we can watch on the big TV. If anything made up my mind to stick with cable, this was it.

3:37 pm: I would have first half analysis, but then I would have to know how soccer actually works.

3:40 pm: By the way, here are my thoughts on the LeBacle.

3:43 pm: I'm all for defense and what have you, but can somebody please score?

3:46 pm: By the way, this game is also available in 3D, on your phone, and on ESPN Radio. Shout out to the crazy guy who paid for a 3DTV knowing that you will only get three channels!

3:49 pm: Best chance to score for the match---and it was missed. Stay of the drugs, Holland!

3:54 pm: Soccer is the beautiful game, alright. The slow mo replays of these guys flopping are certainly things of beauty.

3:57 pm: Shout out to the black Dutch player! He even has a mohawk. Double win!

4:00 pm: One must wonder: Who is actually blowing the vuvuzelas?

4:06 pm: Blogging while boozing: Not for the pansies! Just in case...you were thinking about doing this and all.

4:10 pm: Meanwhile, people in Cleveland are crying right now.

4:13 pm: Univision effectively using the three man booth as well. How about that?!!?

4:17 pm: Looks like we'll be getting some extra time here, folks. Maybe I should put the beer(s) away.

4:21 pm: And I was RIGHT. Overtime, it is! I will explain the rules: Two 15 minute halves. If we're still tied, then it's on to penalty kicks. Five for each team. Let's hope that I know what I'm talking about.

____________________________________________________________________________________

4:26 pm: I suppose that I should have gone to the bathroom during this mini-break, eh?

4:28 pm: What are the chances that I'll see someone do the Macarena if they score a goal?

4:36 pm: A couple of scoring chances. I think. I could probably just say that and you'd believe me anyway, right?

4:38 pm: Everyone in the "important people box" at Soccer City Stadium is asleep right now.

4:42 pm: After 105 minutes, we are still tied. At zero. In the words of my friend Kris Pruette, "both teams are losing right now."

4:44 pm: Just in case you were not aware, this game is EEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNN VIVOOOOOOO!!! Thanks, Univision.

4:48 pm: And someone from Holland was ejected. Albeit rather in a shady way. Whatever! I want a goal!

4:51 pm: Anytime you can get the commentators to chuckle in the booth, you have to allow it. Right?

4:56 pm: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ESPANA!!!! Andres Inesta!!!! Feels good to type that, actually.

4:59 pm: Oh my God, Spain might win this thing!

5:03 pm: AND THEY DID!!! The only team to ever win the World Cup after losing their fist game, La Furia Roja takes the 2010 World Cup! 1-0 over The Potheads Holland!!! Congrats!!! WAKE UP FROM YOUR SIESTA!

5:04 pm: No blowjobs for Bobbi Eden's followers, I suppose. Both teams played hard! See you on the blog EN VIVO in 2014!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment