Thursday, July 29, 2010

Taking a break from my "Free Lindsay Lohan" blog strike

The opinions in this blog are solely those of the owner. But then again, at least my posts won't get pulled by my employer.


OK, to say I've been M.I.A. would be an understatement. To make a long story short, blogging doesn't pay the bills. My days usually consist of wasting time on the Internet, then rushing out of the house to get in a workout before work. So I haven't had time to really write anything worthwhile. Not that any of my writing is worthwhile to begin with. Anyway, consider this my apology. Now, let me catch up on some things mentioned in earlier posts:

-Back in March, I talked about my grand plan to go to a baseball game on every level. Well, I'm down to my last level (AA). I ended up missing out on high school altogether, but I hope to get an American Legion game (they use high school players) before that season ends. Knowing my luck, that's already happened.

Oh well, the point is that once I've gone to those games, I'll do a post. This won't be a recap of every game, (because that would be fucking boring I don't really remember those specifics) but I will have stuff like "best promotion" and "lamest crowd." So, be on the lookout for that.


-Also, I realized a few weeks ago that I've been watching sports for about 20 years now. While this really just makes me an asset during Trivia Night, I've never really thought, "Which moments stood out the most?" Well, in a well thought out effort to blatantly rip off ESPN I'll be doing something I will call "20 for 20." There will be 20 different post; each one will be one of the 20 most important sporting moments of my time as a sports nutso smartypants fanatic. If you're asking, "What are some of these moments?" well...uh, I don't really know them all yet. But I will. Soon. Let's just say that Michael Jordan will likely be prominently involved.

-Finally, I just want to say thanks to my readers. I know that I don't post much, and when I do post, I talk too much I tend to get long winded. But I do try to bring something to the table, and I appreciate you all for taking the time to see what that something is. I have more ideas about other things that I want to do with The Blacktooth Files, so I hope you'll decide to stick around for it.

2 comments:

  1. Funny you and Daisy are both so hung up on this Lilo stuff.

    I think you should definitely do a detailed, play by play of each and every game you attended or watched. THATS WHAT YOUR READERS WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would probably last my readers a lifetime. No, really, it would.

    ReplyDelete